Natalie R Gillan
- Weight management
- Nutrition and lifestyle advice to weight loss surgery patients
- Digestive system disorders
- Chronic diseases
- Metabolic syndrome
Natalie has extensive expertise in identifying the root cause of her patients’ symptoms.
This expertise is based on her integration of: comprehensive academic qualifications BSc (Hon), PhD, Registered Nutritional Therapist; therapy training (Master NLP); occupational training (Certified EndoBarrier® Nutritionist, BIA and FirstLine Therapy® Practitioner); educator training (teaching Level 4, college tutor, secondary schools and adult education guest lecturer, postgraduate research and dissertation supervisor), and an enthusiastic student of life.
As a bariatric surgery team member, she works with world-class surgeons and psychologists, supporting weight loss surgery patients beyond NHS or private clinics’ care packages.
Her full understanding of the dietary and nutritional challenges resulting from bariatric procedures combines with her therapeutic and coaching skills to fully support and counsel her patients in their pursuit of better health and weight loss.
Natalie practices what she preaches with her constant rebalancing her professional and personal roles as carer, therapist and provider on one hand and mother, naturist and culinary artist on the other hand.
She also makes time for a constant flow of such health giving home made elixirs as kefir, kombucha and fermented vegetables (kimchi), plus a remarkable chocolate cheesecake.
Membership of professional organisations
- British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
- Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- NHS Directory of Complementary and Alternative Practitioners for GP referrals
- Nutritional Therapy Council (NTC)
- Senior associate Member of the Royal Society of Medicine (RSM)
- Member of British Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society (BOMSS)
- Registered Expert Coleman Research Group
I look for the root cause of my patients’ conditions, and with that knowledge base I build a recovery strategy unique for each patient
Nutritional Therapy Services covered by medical insurers:
- Nutritional Therapy Services covered by medical insurers:
- Westfield Health
- Health Shield
- GPs can now refer patients to CNHC registrants
- Professional Practice Insurance
Registered Data Controller:
- Information Commissioner’s Office