Consultations – What to Expect
I will begin by exploring the reasons you have a particular health problem or the best ways to maintain your optimum health.
There are no pre-designed programmes or plans.
Before the first consultation, you will be provided with two confidential questionnaires to complete. These are for my eyes only, and are essential for my initial assessment of your health profile. The questionnaires are Nutritional Assessment and Initial Patient Intake
In these comprehensive questionnaires you are asked questions about your:
- Current health concerns
- Diagnosis and treatment
- Medical history
- Family history
- Levels of physical activity
- Use of medication and supplements
INITIAL CONSULTATION (60-75 minutes)
I will listen to your full story and analyze the combined findings:
- It is all about your eating habits, your medical history and your lifestyle.
- It is about coaching you how to regain your health and energy.
- We will work together to enable you to make the changes you agree with. They will be relevant and achievable for you.
- You remain in control of this process, and progress is made at your pace.
- I will evaluate your individual needs and use the extensive nutritional science evidence base to develop a personalised, safe and effective nutrition programme.
- Diagnostic tests and supplements may be recommended.
You should attend this initial consultation in person. For those unable to travel or other exceptional cases, telephone or Skype consultations are available.
FIRST FOLLOW UP CONSULTATION (45 minutes)
This normally takes place 2-3 weeks later, in order to monitor your progress, apply test results findings (if applicable) and make any necessary adjustments. Practical meal ideas, recipes and further resources are provided.
FURTHER FOLLOW UP CONSULTATION(S) (45 minutes)
Further follow-ups may be required depending on each individual situation. These sessions enable me to monitor your progress and to adjust the programme accordingly.
HOW MANY VISITS DO I NEED?
The number of the consultations you need totally depends on your health issues. Many patients need no more than three visits, in other cases up to six sessions are required over the period of six months. For some patients, a follow-up every six months would be the most applicable regime.